CGFNS International, the largest credentialing organization for foreign-educated health care professionals in North America, is pleased to announce its 2013 Board of Trustees officers.
- PRESIDENT: Carol Bradley, MSN, RN, Senior Vice President, CNO, Legacy Health System, Portland, Oregon
- VICE PRESIDENT: Norma Lang, PhD, RN, FAAN, FRCN, University of Wisconsin School of Nursing, Milwaukee
- SECRETARY: Barbara Sanders, PhD, PT, Professor and Chair, Department of Physical Therapy, Associate Dean, College of Health Professions, Texas State University, San Marcos
- TREASURER: Edythe McClatchy Pahl, MBA, Denver, CO
CGFNS International also welcomes new board members:
- Michael Bleich, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, Maxine Clark and Bob Fox Professor and Dean at the Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College, and Vice President for BJC Healthcare, St. Louis, MO
- Joseph Cabral, Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, North Shore-LIJ Health System, New York
- Sister Rosemary Donley, PhD, APRN, BC, FAAN, Professor of Nursing and the Jacques Laval Endowed Chair in Justice for Vulnerable Populations, Duquesne University School of Nursing, Pittsburgh, PA
- Sylvia Fung, PhD(hon), MS, MBA, RN, FAAN, Chief Nurse Executive, Hospital Authority, Hong Kong, as International Observer
CGFNS International Board of Trustees Members continuing to serve:
- Louise Fitzpatrick, EdD, RN, FAAN, Connelly Endowed Dean and Professor, College of Nursing, Villanova University
- Mary Foley, MSN, RN, Associate Director, Center for Research & Innovation in Patient Care, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco
- Sharon Goldsmith, PhD, CCC-Speech, President, Goldsmith International SP, Washington, DC
- Edythe McClatchy Pahl, MBA, Denver, CO
- Janet Hatcher Roberts, MSc, RN, Executive Director, Canadian Society for International Health, Ontario, Canada
- Barbara Sanders, PhD, PT, Professor and Chair, Department of Physical Therapy, Associate Dean, College of Health Professions, Texas State University, San Marcos
“CGFNS International is fortunate to be governed by a Board of Trustees that is comprised of accomplished individuals representing many professions that willingly volunteer their time to fulfill CGFNS International’s vision and mission,” said Franklin A. Shaffer, EdD, RN, FAAN and CEO of CGFNS International.
About CGFNS International
CGFNS International is an immigration-neutral, nonprofit organization globally recognized as an authority on credentials evaluation of the education, registration and licensure of nurses, health care and other professionals worldwide. For more information about CGFNS International, go to www.cgfns.org.