CGFNS International has received a number of urgent VisaScreen® renewal requests from applicants in the visa queue whose priority dates are becoming current.
A VisaScreen Certificate is valid for five years from the date that it is issued. After five years the certificate will expire and you may need to be recertified if you have not obtained U.S. citizenship, a permanent visa (Green Card), or wish to renew a temporary occupational visa, including Trade NAFTA status to continue working in the United States. The primary method of updating your VisaScreen certification is by placing a VisaScreen Renewal order.
Save the cost associated with Expedited Review and renew early.
The renewal order can be placed in the year prior to your certificate’s expiration date or within six months after the expiration date. We recommend allowing six months for a renewal order to be completed. Upon payment of a renewal order, you will have one year to submit the necessary requirements. Requirements for renewal include:
- An updated passport photograph
- Updated validations of every license you have held including both expired licenses and licenses validated for a previous order if the validation on file is more than three years
- Updated proof of English proficiency (if applicable, some applicants may be exempt from this requirement)
Need an Expedited Review to meet a deadline?
In certain instances, CGFNS International offers a five-day VisaScreen Expedited Review Service to all VisaScreen and VisaScreen renewal applicants. To be eligible, all VisaScreen requirements must be met and all documents must be received. View availability and apply online through CGFNS Connect. There is a non-refundable $500 fee for the VisaScreen Expedited Review Service.
The VisaScreen Expedited Review Service has limited availability but additional spaces are open for applicants that:
- have a Request for Evidence (RFE)
- have an offer for employment
- have a pending expiration of a visa or licensing application
- are transitioning from a student visa to an employment visa