WHO WE ARE
CGFNS International is an immigration neutral nonprofit organization that helps foreign educated healthcare professionals live and work in their country of choice by assessing and validating their academic and professional credentials.
We provide foreign students and healthcare professionals with a comprehensive assessment of their academic records to facilitate their successful admission to schools in the US and other countries.
We help protect migrating healthcare professionals by advocating for ethical recruitment practices and continuously monitoring the global landscape for developing trends in employment recruitment and workplace norms.
CGFNS International is an NGO in Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), which serves as the central forum for international and social issues.
WHAT WE DO
Evaluation Reports for Regulatory Authorities, Employers and Universities
Authentication and Verification of Academic and Professional Credentials
Certification and Exams for Professional Development
One-on-One Support from Anywhere in the World
Secure Electronic Document Storage and Delivery to Easily Access Verified Credentials
Research and Consulting to Support Migration and Mobility Trends
WHY CHOOSE US
- Certification by CGFNS International opens employment doors for nurses and other healthcare professionals because we are recognized as the global authority on the evaluation and verification of professional credentials.
- CGFNS has an exclusive partnership with Canadian nursing regulators and the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS) to evaluate and validate the credentials of foreign-educated nurses.
- CGFNS is the only organization approved by the United States Department of Homeland Security to validate the credentials of seven foreign healthcare professions for occupational visas.
- CGFNS goes beyond simply evaluating credentials in a checkbox fashion. Through its Education Comparability Assessment System (ECAS)™ and its Education Comparability Tool (ECT)™ CGFNS assesses comparability so that all training and experience is understood in context.
- CGFNS partners with foreign governments and international NGOs to uphold global healthcare standards.
The vision of CGFNS International, Inc. is to be the premier source of credentials evaluation and professional development services that provide strategic value and direction to healthcare professionals worldwide.
The mission of CGFNS International, Inc. (formerly known as the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools) is to serve the global community through programs and services that verify and promote the knowledge-based practice competency of healthcare professionals.
CGFNS International, Inc. focuses on four key objectives:
1. To develop and administer a predictive testing and evaluation program for nurses educated outside the United States.
2. To provide a credentials evaluation service for healthcare professionals educated and/or born outside the United States.
3. To serve as a clearinghouse for information on international nursing education and licensure.
4. To conduct and publish studies relevant to foreign educated nurses.