ISPN® measures the nursing knowledge of first-level nurses (RNs) against international standards. The ISPN® Program consists of two components: 1) an initial verification of first-level, general nurse status; and 2) passing the CGFNS Qualifying Exam®.
What is the ISPN® Program?
Who Participates in the ISPN® Program?
The ISPN® program is for foreign educated nurses seeking to validate their nursing education against international standards. Nurses who participate must reside in the country in which the program is offered (currently China).
ISPN® Program in China
Nurses residing in the People’s Republic of China are able to validate their nursing knowledge against international standards to enhance their professional status at home and abroad.
In November 2009, CGFNS International administered the first ISPN® Program in China.
The next examination will be administered on November 18, 2023.
(Cut-off date for purchasing is October 13, 2023)
- TBD (To be determined)
Contact China Health International Consulting Co., Ltd.:
Official Website: www.cgfnsch.org
Required Documents for the ISPN® Program differ by country. Click on link below for more information.
To complete your ISPN® application, you will need to upload a passport-style photograph.
Your photograph must be:
JPG FILE TYPE
LESS THAN 5MB
SQUARE (51mm X 51 mm)
- Sized such that the head is between 1″ (25mm) and 1 3/8″ (35mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis:
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn for your photo.
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
- Glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses or by turning off the camera flash.
Source: U.S. Department of State
CGFNS Qualifying Exam for the ISPN® Program differ by country. Click on link below for more information.
A fee of $350 includes:
- Verification of license and transcript documents
- The CGFNS Qualifying Exam
- ISPN certificate for exam passers
You may pay online with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover)
CGFNS International No Refund Policy: Before you apply to the ISPN Program in China, please be aware that CGFNS International has a “no refund” policy. Even if you do not meet the eligibility requirements, this policy is enforced. Please keep this in mind prior to submitting your application.
No, you are not eligible to participate at this time. In order to participate in the International Standards for Professional Nurses Program, an internationally educated nurse must reside in one of the countries in which the program is currently being offered: China, Indonesia, and South Korea.
Nurses participating in the International Standards for Professional Nurses Program can validate their nursing knowledge against international standards and significantly enhance their professional status both at home and abroad.
There are two components of the International Standards for Professional Nurses Program: 1) verification of a nurses’s first-level, general nurse status; and 2) passing the CGFNS Qualifying Exam.