CGFNS supports World Health Organization initiatives on global health worker mobility and learning recognition as it ramps up efforts to achieve ‘health for all.’
Our Work with the World Health Organization:
- Consulting on the development of WHO Academy, a lifelong learning facility to upskill the global health workforce. CGFNS leads the quality standards and open certification management system workstream.
- Developing a policy brief in support of the WHO Global Code of Practice on the International Recruitment of Health Personnel, which was modeled in part on our Alliance for Ethical International Recruitment Practices’ Voluntary Code.
- Supporting other WHO initiatives, such as:
• Year of the Nurse and Midwife
• Working for Health
• Global Health Workforce Network
Following the UN Secretary-General’s recommendation to Member States to amend the format of the 64th session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women in light of the current…Read More
In October, Franklin Shaffer, EdD, RN, FAAN, FFNMRCSI, President & CEO of CGFNS International, Inc., and Mukul Bakhshi, Director of the Alliance for Ethical International Recruitment Practices and Government Affairs…Read More
CGFNS International, Inc. attended the 72nd session of the World Health Assembly in Geneva, Switzerland from May 20-28, 2019 as part of the International Council of Nurses’ (ICN) delegation. The…Read More
Geneva, Switzerland, 31 May 2016 Leading a delegation of 69 participants, the International Council of Nurses (ICN) spoke to a number of key agenda items at the 69th session of…Read More