FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)


Choosing the Correct CGFNS International Service for Nurses

For nurses educated outside of the United States, the first step to practicing as a nurse in the United States is to apply for a license with a state board of nursing. All state boards require the NCLEX® examination. Each state will have specific requirements to determine comparability of those educated outside of the United States. Each state board may require certain services to determine if you will be able to practice in the United States. All required services can be provided by CGFNS International prior to authorizing nurses educated outside of the United States to take the NCLEX® exam.

List of the: CGFNS services accepted by each state board.

We also recommend that you consult with the individual board web sites for the full details of what is required to apply for licensure.

Here is a brief description of each service:

CGFNS Standards and Policies

Credentials Evaluation Service

Technical support