Philadelphia—CGFNS International, Inc., the world’s largest credentials evaluation organization for the nursing and allied healthcare professions, is pleased to announce the officers for its 2019 Board of Trustees and the election of Julie Fairman, PhD, RN, FAAN, as Trustee, effective January 1, 2019.
An accomplished nurse and educator, Dr. Fairman is Professor of Nursing and the Nightingale Professor in Honor of Nursing Veterans at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, where she currently serves as Chair of the Biobehavioral Health Sciences Department, and Co-Director of the RWJF Future of Nursing Scholars Program. Dr. Fairman also serves as a professor in the Department of History and the Sociology of Science at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Fairman earned her PhD and MSN at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing and her BSN at Albright College.
“A recognized leader in the nursing field for her extensive research into the historical influences on current health care policy and practice, Dr. Fairman is a tremendous addition to our Board of Trustees,” said Dr. Franklin A. Shaffer, EdD, RN, FAAN, FFNMRCSI, President and CEO of CGFNS International. “CGFNS is fortunate to be guided by a Board of Trustees that is composed of accomplished leaders from a broad array of professions who willingly volunteer their time to fulfill the vision and mission of CGFNS.”
The CGFNS Board of Trustees elected officers for 2019 are:
- SECRETARY: Pamela Maraldo, PhD, RN, FAAN, Chief Executive Officer, Girls Inc. of New York City, New York, N.Y.
- TREASURER: Christine Kovner, PhD, RN, FAAN, Mathy Mezey Professor of Geriatric Nursing, New York University, New York, N.Y. Kovner was re-elected to a second term as Treasurer.
Board of Trustees officers and members who are continuing to serve their terms are:
- CHAIR: Sister Rosemary Donley, PhD, APRN, FAAN, Professor of Nursing and the Jacques Laval Endowed Chair in Justice for Vulnerable Populations, Duquesne University School of Nursing, Pittsburgh, Penn.
- VICE CHAIR: Connie White Delaney, PhD, RN, FAAN, FACMI, Dean and Professor, School of Nursing at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Lynwood Brooks, MBA, President of Health Professions Network, Lolo, Mont.
- Barbara A. Green, PhD, Senior Vice President of GNYHA Ventures, Inc. New York, N.Y.
- Penny Kaye Jensen, DNP, APRN, FNP-C, FAAN, FAANP, Liaison for National APRN Policy, Office of Nursing Services, Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, DC.
- Alessandro Stievano, PhD, MscN, RN, MAEd, MASoc, FFNMRCSI, Nurse Research Fellow at the Centre of Excellence for Nursing Scholarship, Rome, Italy.
- Jack Needleman, PhD, FAAN, Fred W. and Pamela K. Wasserman Professor, Chair of the Department of Health Policy and Management at the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health, Los Angeles, Calif.
- INTERNATIONAL OBSERVER: Sylvia Y.K. Fung, BBS, MSc, MBA, Hon DHS, Dip Ed, FAAN, FPHKAN, FACHSE, RN, RM, Professor of Health Services Management within the School of Nursing and School of Business, Office of the President, Tung Wah College, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
The CGFNS Board of Trustees bids farewell and thank you to:
- Sean Clarke, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean for the Undergraduate Program of the William F. Connell School of Nursing at Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Mass. Clarke is the outgoing Board Secretary.
- Gregory Frazer, PhD, FASAHP, Dean and Professor, Pat Capps Covey College of Allied Health Professions, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Ala.
About CGFNS International, Inc.
Founded in 1977 to provide credentials analysis for nurses seeking migration, CGFNS International, Inc., based in Philadelphia, is an immigration-neutral, not-for-profit organization with NGO consultative status to the United Nations Economic and Social Council.