CGFNS International is the world’s largest credentials evaluation organization for nursing and a globally recognized authority on credentials evaluation of the education, registration and licensure of nurses and health care professionals worldwide. Two officers were re-elected and a new trustee was elected to its Board of Trustees.
CGFNS International Board of Trustees’ elected officers for 2016 are:
- PRESIDENT: Michael Bleich, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, FNAP Maxine Clark and Bob Fox Professor and Dean, President at the Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College, and Vice President for BJC Healthcare, St. Louis, MO.
- VICE PRESIDENT: Joseph Cabral, MS, Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH.
CGFNS International also welcomes a new trustee:
- Christine Kovner, PhD, RN, Professor, College of Nursing, New York University, New York, NY.
Board of Trustees officers and members who are continuing to serve their terms are:
- SECRETARY: Barbara Sanders, PhD, PT, SCS, FAPTA, Professor and Chair, Department of Physical Therapy, Associate Dean, College of Health Professions, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX.
- TREASURER: Edythe McClatchy Pahl, MBA, Lead Assessor, American National Standards Institute, Denver, CO.
- Sean P. Clarke, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, Undergraduate Program, William F. Connell School of Nursing, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA.
- Sister Rosemary Donley, PhD, APRN, BC, FAAN, Professor of Nursing and the Jacques Laval Endowed Chair in Justice for Vulnerable Populations, Duquesne University School of Nursing, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Louise Fitzpatrick, EdD, RN, FAAN, Connelly Endowed Dean & Professor, College of Nursing, Villanova University, Villanova, PA.
- Sharon Goldsmith, PhD, CCC-Speech, President, Goldsmith International SP, Washington, DC.
- Janet Hatcher Roberts, MSc, RN, Executive Director, Canadian Society for International Health, Ontario, Canada.
- Penny Kaye Jensen, DNP, APRN, FNP-C, FAAN, FAANP, Liaison for National APRN Policy, Office of Nursing Services, Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, DC.
- INTERNATIONAL OBSERVER: Sylvia Fung, BBS, MSc (Health Management), MBA, Hon DHS, Dip Ed, FAAN, FPHKAN, FACHSE, RN, RM, Professor of Health Services Management, Office of the President, Tung Wah College, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
CGFNS International Board of Trustees bids farewell and thank you to:
- Mary Foley, PhD, MSN, RN, FAAN, Associate Director, Center for Research & Innovation in Patient Care, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA.
The Board thanks Dr. Foley for her dedication and commitment and for her numerous contributions as a Trustee, and as a member on various CGFNS International committees.
“CGFNS International is fortunate to be governed by a Board of Trustees that is comprised of accomplished individuals representing various professions that willingly volunteer their time to fulfill CGFNS International’s vision and mission,” said Franklin A. Shaffer, EdD, RN, FAAN and CEO of CGFNS International, Inc.
The CGFNS International Board of Trustees consists of eleven trustees, each holding terms of four years, and an international observer.
About CGFNS International, Inc.
Founded in 1977, to provide credentials analysis for nurses seeking migration, CGFNS International, Inc., based in Philadelphia, is an immigration-neutral not-for-profit organization proudly serving as the world’s largest credentials analysis organization for the nursing and allied healthcare professions. CGFNS International is an NGO in Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and is a member of the Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations (CoNGO). For more information, visit www.cgfns.org.
Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/CGFNS