UPDATED: December 12, 2013
CGFNS International Board of Trustees Elects Officers and Members
CGFNS International is the world’s largest credentials evaluation organization for nursing and globally recognized authority on credentials evaluation of the education, registration and licensure of nurses and health care professionals worldwide. Officers and new board members were recently elected to its Board of Trustees.
CGFNS International’s Board of Trustees’ officers for 2014 are:
PRESIDENT: Michael Bleich, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, Maxine Clark and Bob Fox Professor and Dean at the Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College, and Vice President for BJC Healthcare, St. Louis, MO.
VICE PRESIDENT: Joseph Cabral, MS, Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, North Shore-LIJ Health System, New Hyde Park, NY.
SECRETARY: Barbara Sanders, PhD, PT, Professor and Chair, Department of Physical Therapy, Associate Dean, College of Health Professions, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX.
TREASURER: Edythe McClatchy Pahl, MBA, Lead Assessor, American National Standards Institute, Denver, CO.
INTERNATIONAL OBSERVER: Sylvia Fung, BBS, MSc (Health Mgt), MBA, Hon DHS, Dip Ed, FAAN, FPHKAN, FACHSE, RN, RM, Professor of Health Services Management, Office of the President, Tung Wah College, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
CGFNS International also welcomes new board members:
Sean P. Clarke, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor and Susan E. French Chair in Nursing Research, Ingram School of Nursing, McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
Penny Kaye Jensen, DNP, APRN, FNP-C, FAAN, FAANP, Liaison for National APRN Policy, Office of Nursing Services, Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, DC.
Board of Trustees members who are continuing to serve their terms are:
- Sister Rosemary Donley, PhD, APRN, BC, FAAN, Professor of Nursing and the Jacques Laval Endowed Chair in Justice for Vulnerable Populations, Duquesne University School of Nursing, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Louise Fitzpatrick, EdD, RN, FAAN, Connelly Endowed Dean & Professor, College of Nursing, Villanova University, Villanova, PA.
- Mary Foley, PhD, MSN, RN, FAAN, Associate Director, Center for Research & Innovation in Patient Care, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA.
- Sharon Goldsmith, PhD, CCC-Speech, President, Goldsmith International SP, Washington, DC.
- Janet Hatcher Roberts, MSc, RN, Executive Director, Canadian Society for International Health, Ontario, Canada.
CGFNS International Board of Trustees bids farewell and thank you to:
- Carol Bradley, MSN, RN, Senior Vice President, CNO, Legacy Health System, Portland, OR. (President 2010-2013)
- Norma M. Lang, PhD, RN, FAAN, FRCN, Wisconsin Regent Distinguished Professor & Aurora Distinguished Professor of Healthcare Quality & Informatics, University of Wisconsin School of Nursing, Milwaukee, WI. (Vice President 2010-2013)
“CGFNS International is fortunate to be governed by a Board of Trustees that is comprised of accomplished individuals representing many professions that willingly volunteer their time to fulfill CGFNS International’s vision and mission,” said Franklin A. Shaffer, EdD, RN, FAAN and CEO of CGFNS International.
About CGFNS International
The CGFNS International Board of Trustees consists of eleven trustees, each holding terms of four years, and an international observer. For more information about CGFNS International, an immigration neutral, nonprofit organization headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, USA, go to www.cgfns.org.