What is the VisaScreen Service?
The VisaScreen® Service is a comprehensive screening program for health care professionals who are not U.S. citizens and are seeking an occupational visa to work in the United States.
The VisaScreen®: Visa Credentials Assessment Service is a screening program that requires specific health care professionals to complete a screening program before they can receive either a permanent or temporary occupational visa, including Trade NAFTA status:
- An assessment of an applicant’s education to ensure that it is comparable to that of a U.S. graduate in the same profession
- A verification that all professional health care licenses that an applicant ever held are valid and without restrictions
- An English language proficiency examination
- For registered nurses only, a verification that the nurse has passed either the CGFNS Qualifying Exam®, NCLEX-RN® or for select years and provinces its predecessor, the State Board Test Pool Examination (SBTPE).
Applicants who successfully complete VisaScreen® receive an official ICHP Certificate for the VisaScreen®: Visa Credentials Assessment Service, which satisfies the United States Federal screening requirements.
Who orders the VisaScreen® Service?
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurses
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Physician Assistants
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Clinical Laboratory Technicians (Medical Laboratory Technicians)
- Clinical Laboratory Scientists (Medical Laboratory Technologists)