Physical therapists with an expiring or expired VisaScreen® certificate issued by the Foreign Credentialing Commission on Physical Therapy (FCCPT) can be re-certified by CGFNS International. This is advantageous for those who have been working in the United States as a physical therapist and meet the criteria for exemption from the English proficiency requirement.
If you are an FCCPT Certificate holder and you wish to be re-certified by CGFNS International, you must:
- Apply for VisaScreen®: Visa Credentials Assessment. The VisaScreen® Renewal order is not available to applicants not previously certified for VisaScreen® by CGFNS International.
- Submit necessary VisaScreen® requirements including:
- Passport photo.
- Official validation of your current license, sent directly from the licensing authority to CGFNS International.
- Official transcripts of professional education sent directly from your school to CGFNS International.
- Submit a photocopy of your certificate issued by FCCPT.
- Submit proof of your employment in the United States. This must be sent directly by the employer to CGFNS International and verify that:
- You have been working in the United States (employment in another English-speaking country is not acceptable) as a Physical Therapist.
- You have been working a minimum of 27 months, including nine months of employment in the year leading up to the date you placed your order with CGFNS International.